Hilton Head South Carolina Events
Calendar of Hilton Head Island Events
Exciting events waiting for you!
Hilton Head South Carolina is a fun community with festivals and events all year long. World class golf tournaments, seafood festivals and the ever popular Gullah Festival make South Carolina vacations to Hilton Head Island exciting!
Although it covers only 42 square miles, Hilton Head Island South Carolina feels spacious, thanks to judicious planning. The expansive beaches on its ocean side; sea marshes on the sound; and natural wooded areas of live- and water-oak, pine, bay, and palmetto trees in between have all been carefully preserved amid commercial explosion.
This lovely setting attracts artists, writers, musicians, theater groups, and crafts people making a Hilton Head Island South Carolina vacation very entertaining. The only city is Harbour Town, at Sea Pines Resort, a Mediterranean-style cluster of shops and restaurants.
Hilton Head South Carolina Events and Things To Do
Hilton Head Island events are numerous so if you're ready to take a break from such timeless Hilton Head activities as building sandcastles and frolicking in the waves you'll discover there are countless other things to see and do in Hilton Head South Carolina. From hiking and biking to kayaking and fishing, or shopping and guided tours to historical and cultural pursuits; finding a new adventure on your South Carolina vacations will be easy. Life's a beautiful day on the beach but there's a whole lot more Hilton Head Island events to take advantage of.
Below are a list of some of the most popular active pursuits on Hilton Head South Carolina:
- Hilton Head Island Biking: Hilton Head boasts 25 miles of bicycle paths. There are even bike paths running parallel to U.S. 278. Beaches are firm enough to support wheels, and every year, cyclists delight in dodging the waves or racing fast-swimming dolphins in the nearby water.
- Hilton Head Island Deep Sea Fishing: Fishing licenses are needed for saltwater and freshwater fishing for anyone 16 years or older. The season for fishing offshore is April through October. Rates for non-residents are $11 for 14 days and $35 for a year.
- Hilton Head Island Golf: With more than 20 highly challenging golf courses on the island itself, and an additional 16 within a 30-minute drive, Hilton Head is heaven for both professional and novice golfers.
- Hilton Head Island Horse Back Riding: Riding through beautiful maritime forests and nature preserves is reason enough to visit Hilton Head.
- Hilton Head Island Kayak Tours: Kayaking is one of the few ways to get an up-close view of the flora and fauna of the salt marshes.
- Sailing and Water Sports: You can pack a picnic lunch and bring your cooler aboard for a 2 1/2-hour trip which departs at 10am, 2pm, and at sunset throughout the year.
- Hilton Head Island Tennis: With more than 300 courts?ideal for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players?Hilton Head boasts an extremely high concentration of tennis facilities.